Thursday, October 2, 2008

Appleridge Orchard

We went with some people in our ward to the Appleridge Orchard where the kids learned how the apples were harvested and also where cider, honey and other goodies are made. It was alot simpler than I thought it would be.



After the tour we got to ride (at least the kids did) in a tractor up into the orchard to go through a corn maze and pick a pumpkin. Then when we were done we rode back down and got to try a Honey Crisp apple which was developed at the University of Minnesota. They are really good apples.

4 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Hi Andersons! I found you through the Spencers site, would you mind if I linked to your blog from our site? Congrats on your recent graduation and move I hope you are enjoying the residency.

Jen said...

Jill this will be fun to be able to check on you from time to time. Especially because you live so far away from me!:)

I'm glad you have been introduced to the one and only honeycrisp. It really is the best apple. Looks like you had a great time.

Poulsen Family said...

We'd love to be added! Thanks for letting us add you, I'd love to keep up with you and the family!

M&M Frost said...

Hi guys! Wow! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! How's Rochester? My cousin just moved back from there, they loved it! Congrats Pete! Can't wait to see you guys!