Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kelly's Birthday

I can't believe my baby is 2!!!! Maybe she seems so little because with all of our other kids, we've had a new baby by now which makes them seem a lot older.

We decided to keep Kelly's birthday simple this year and just do family stuff. It was a nice and relaxing day. We started out the day with Kelly opening presents before Pete had to go to work. I think she was a little overwhelmed.
Then it was off to her favorite breakfast....hot cereal. After Abbie went to school; Kelly, Josh and I just hung out playing with her toys and going for a walk. For lunch we went to the park and had a picnic. Pete was able to join us, so that made us all happy.

For dinner it was grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We ended the night with chocolate cupcakes and ice-cream.
Kelly is such a lovable little girl. She loves to cuddle. At night, she will wake up and call for dad. When Pete goes in, she will lay a pillow down on her floor next to her bed. She will say "cuddle" at which point, Pete will lay down on the floor and Kelly will lay down with him and cuddle. After just a minute or so, she will give him a kiss and climb back in her bed. Then she is fine for the rest of the night. The other day while I was cooking, Kelly came into the kitchen with her "baby" and was taking care of her. She said her baby couldn't sleep and needed to "cuddle" like daddy does, and then she laid down on the floor with her baby. So cute!
We are so thankful that Kelly is a part of our family. Happy Birthday Kelly!

3 comments:

Janus said...

Hi Jill,
Cute blog. I hope you don't mind that I just happened to stumble across it. It's been fun to get to know your family a little bit.

Anyway--just thought I'd say Hi and invite you to my blog....if you want. Just shoot me an e-mail and I'll make sure you get added. (flutietoot@gmail.com)

Janus

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Hey! I hope you get this ... I realized I don't have your e-mail address & I need that to be able to "invite" you to view my blog! E-mail me at babesinhairland @ gmail . com

Ken, Lisa, & Kids said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! You are one year younger than your cousin Kenli; but, you have twice the hair! We're glad you had a fun day!