Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sorry about the Christmas picture, but it is the only one I have. Thanksgiving this year didn't turn out quite the way I would have hoped for. Pete was on call on Thanksgiving day which means he had to go in at 7:00 am and stay until 1:00 pm the following day. At first, we weren't going to do anything, but we decided at the last minute to celebrate Thanksgiving on Pete's day off which was Tuesday. I was really glad we did. Since my family is what I'm most grateful for, it was nice to be with them. Then on Thanksgiving the hospital had a dinner for those that had to work and I was going to have some friends over, but they ended up having to cancel at the last minute. This Thanksgiving has reminded me to be truly thankful for family and friends. So often I take them for granted and I now realize how special it is to get to have holidays like this where we can take time to spend with those we love and be thankful for all we have. So, Happy Thanksgiving to all! We hope you had a wonderful day and got to spend time with those you love!


4 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Oh, we miss you guys!! I wish we could have spent Thanksgiving together again. Not only for your delicious turkey, but for your company! :)

I'm sorry Pete had to work and that your other plans fell through. Thankfully, for me, Jeff was actually home. Despite that, I was still having withdrawals from not having you and Jamie around to buffer the fact that I couldn't spend it with my family in Utah.

Also, my kids wanted to tell Abbie and Josh hello, and to let them know they miss them.

Love you guys!

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry about bailing on you at the last minute Jill. Sadly we are just barely starting to get over this little "bug" --haven't even been able to enjoy the leftovers. Murr. Oh well that is how it goes I guess. Thanks for all the help with the cooking of my first turkey.

lulu said...

Glad to see you're doing well in Minnesota. I've wondered how you've been.
I think it would be a hard adjustment for me not to have my husband around on Thanksgiving...I'm glad you thought of an alternative idea instead of forgetting the whole thing.

Jen said...

I'm glad it all turned out okay Jill. You should have taken me on my offer and come here. We had tons of food! I have eaten like a slob for the past few days trying to get rid of all of the food w/out wasting it. Also, the family that we had coming over, their little girl threw up in the car on the way over so she and her mom went home. Sounds like the same happened with Cynthia. Anyway, we'll have to get together soon.